Sunday, February 5, 2012

Website That Caught My Attention

Being sick with strep throat this weekend has left me bedridden and computer crazy. With no voice to talk to anyone, I have been either sleeping or using Stumble Upon to groggily cruise the internet. Stumble Upon is a website that randomly selects websites based on a series of interests the user chooses when first signing up.

Stumble Upon takes me to many websites and more often than not, I don't find a site that can hold my interest for too long. However, the site FARK popped up and caught my attention for longer than 30 seconds. Fark is a website that displays real news from different sites however, it isn't typical 5 o'clock news that people are used to. The headlines read: "Kansas City is Being Torn Apart By Chocolate Beer," "How you can hide from Google. If you dare," and "Obesity epidemic hits US pets. Your dog wants a steak, but could use a salad."

Overall, I enjoyed the website and their creative headlines that made me read news reports that I otherwise wouldn't have taken a second look at.



2 comments:

Jonathan Reeve Price said...

Thanks for reminding me of StumbleUpon...I haven't used it for years, but went back just now and noodled around for a while...fun!

Noakeakala said...

StumbleUpon sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to check it out!