Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello Writing for the Web Class!

My name is Kelsie Soward and this is my blog that I have used for all my UNM classes since I was a freshman. I am now a senior and I graduate this fall! My  major is print journalism and I currently intern at Albuquerque The Magazine and it has been a great experience so far! My favorite hobby (aside from writing) is photography.

My grandfather was a Master Sergent in the United States Air Force and subsequently he moved my family around a lot. My uncle and aunts were born in Germany and my mother was born in Greece. Throughout his travels he took pictures in every country and documented every moment. When I was 11 years old, he gave me his camera and this my very first camera, and where my passion for photography started. I've been taking pictures and writing down my travels ever since!

1 comment:

Jonathan Reeve Price said...

I like the pix of old Route 66...and the welding...perhaps you can post more pictures, and tell us a bit about your reaction to the subjects, and your goals.

Do you still have your grandfather's camera? What kind do you have now?

My grandfather was a travel writer and photographer for the National Geographic, so every place we went, I had to wear a red shirt and pose next to the site, so I'd show up. I once asked him how I could grow up to be a writer, and he said, "Just write every day." Not exactly inspiring, but it was still pretty good advice.