Monday, May 2, 2011

Best Story in Week 5

UNM Womens Rugby Goes to Nationals by Priscilla Ramirez was my favorite story this week. I had no idea that UNM had a rugby team let alone a women's rugby team that is on their way to nationals! I knew that this story would be a top contender this week when I was editing her story on Thursday. I really liked how she played up to the fact that they are the underdog going into nationals making the reader not only know about the rugby team but it makes them want to cheer for a team they may have never knew existed.

I really liked her photos in the story. Sports photos are always so compelling because they are action shots that really tell the story. Her multimedia piece flowed well but my only critique is that the audio sounded a bit funny in the story but I loved how the multimedia was different from her story making me want to listen to it all the way through.

No comments: